I created the Lync Auto Response application for those employees who need to respond to the micro-managers out there. It works with Microsoft's Lync instant messenger/communicator application.
Its very rough, and I'll try to improve it over time. But, it achieves the task of auto responding when you're not at your keyboard or whatever.
It also will keep your Lync status (or presence) online to "Available", regardless of what your admin gives you as the max 'inactivity' timeout.
I have some ideas for other features and if you have any suggestions, feel free to add them in the comments, or send me an email.
Here is a screen shot:
Download Here: (in Google Docs click Ctrl-s to save the zip file)
I've now posted it as open source on GitHub:
You'll need .Net 4.0
- Auto Reply to new Lync Messages
- Turn Auto Reply on/off
- Only Auto Reply and Move mouse during specified hours
- Move mouse wheel every 10 minutes (or specify)
- Send response to user (turn on/off)
- Response 1 and Response 2